Last Updated Jan 9, 2023
OUR COMMITMENT TO PRIVACY
Pacifica maintains a separate privacy notice for Pacifica job applicants, employees, owners, directors, officers, or contractors.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE MAY USE IT
We may collect information from your web browser, IP address, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse our Site, we may collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect certain information about your use of the Site. Please see “Marketing and Website Analytics” below for an explanation of the technologies that we may use to collect such data.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we may collect certain Order Information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, credit card numbers, email address, and phone number.
We describe below the types of such information we have collected in the prior 12 months and provide the sources from which that information was collected, why we collected the information, and with whom we have shared such information. We anticipate continuing to collect the information discussed below from the same sources, as well as continuing to use and share the information as described below.
Categories of Personal Information
· Identifiers, such as name, email address, address, phone number, IP address, date of birth, social handle, or other similar identifiers
· Characteristics of protected classes and demographic information, such as age and sex
· Commercial and financial information, such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, other purchasing or consuming histories, and loyalty activity and redemption
· Internet or other electronic activity information, including information regarding an individual’s interaction with a website or mobile application, interaction with our advertisements, search history, browsing history, device type, operating systems, web browser type, location data, and user generated activity such as reviews, postings, photos, comments, emails sent and received
· Audio or visual information, including recordings from your calls to our customer service team (for quality assurance) and images you post on social media platforms that tag or identify our products
· Education and professional background information
· Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above, to create a profile reflecting an individual’s beauty and related preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
Uses of Personal Information
We may use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site, which may include processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations. We may also use your personal information to:
· Communicate with you
· Monitor for potential risk or fraud
· Provide personalized advertising and marketing
· Improve and optimize our products and services, including our Site
· Create aggregate and anonymous reports for our business purposes and to conduct customer surveys
Sources of Personal Information
We collect or receive the categories of personal information listed above from:
· Communications and interactions with individuals seeking to obtain or use our products and services or their agents and representatives, or other persons communicating or otherwise interacting with us
· Automated collection through our Sites, services, products, applications, databases, devices, information systems and networks, including through cookies and similar technology
· Service providers, contractors, and vendors
· Subscription information, research, and analytic services
· Public and government sources and records
· Records and property to which we have lawful access
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
We may share your personal information with marketing partners to provide advertising to you.
We may use your personal information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
You can exercise your privacy rights by submitting this form.
Browser Add-On, please visit: https://policies.google.com/privacy, https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites; https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
DISCLOSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR BUSINESS PURPOSES
The following chart describes the categories of personal information that we disclosed to third parties for a business purpose in the 12 months prior to the date of this Policy.
Categories of Consumers’ Personal Information Categories of Third Parties With Which We Shared Personal Information for a Business Purpose
Personal identifiers: Name, email address, address, phone number, IP address, date of birth, social handle Service providers that provide customer relationship management (CRM) services; assist us in operating, analyzing, and displaying content on our website; assist us in fulfilling orders, shipping, and payment processing; provide analytics information; advertise or market our products; provide website hosting, webcast and teleconference services; provide legal and accounting services.
Characteristics of protected classes and demographic information: age and sex.
Service providers that provide customer relationship management (CRM) services; provide analytics information; advertise or market our products.
Commercial and financial information: records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, other purchasing or consuming histories, and loyalty activity and redemption.
Service providers that provide customer relationship management (CRM) services; assist us in operating, analyzing, and displaying content on our website; assist us in fulfilling orders, shipping, and payment processing; provide analytics information; advertise or market our products; provide accounting services.
Internet or other electronic network activity information: information regarding an individual’s interaction with a website or mobile application, search history, browsing history, device type, operating systems, web browser type, location data, and user generated activity such as reviews, postings, photos, comments, emails sent and received. Service providers that provide data security services and cloud-based data storage; host our Sites and assist with other IT-related functions; provide website hosting, webcast and teleconference services; advertise and market our products; and provide analytics information.
Audio or visual information: Recordings from your calls to our customer service team (for quality assurance) and images you post on social media platforms that tag or identify our products.
Service providers that assist in providing customer service support and advertising/marketing our products and brand Inferences from the personal information identified above Service providers that provide analytics information; assist us in advertising or marketing our products.
Additional Information About How We May Disclose Personal Information
We may also share your personal information as required or permitted by law to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or government request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is legally required or otherwise necessary to protect our rights and property or the rights, property or safety of others, including to law enforcement agencies, and judicial and regulatory authorities. We may also share your personal information with third parties to help detect and protect against fraud or data security vulnerabilities. And we may transfer your personal information to a third party in the event of an actual or contemplated sale, merger, reorganization of our entity or other restructuring.
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE SOLD TO THIRD PARTIES IN THE PRECEDING 12 MONTHS
We do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under the age of 16.
Rights Under the CCPA and other California Laws
Individuals whose personal information is covered by the CCPA have the right, subject to certain limitations, to: (i) request access to and information about personal information we collect and share about you; (ii) correct your personal information when incorrect, out of date, or incomplete; and (iii) request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you.
If you are a California resident, you can exercise your CCPA rights by submitting this form.
Requests for Household Information
There may be some types of personal information that can be associated with a household, which means a group of people living together in a single home. Each member of the household must make a request for access or deletion of household personal information. We will verify each member of the household using the verification criteria explained below. If we are unable to verify the identity of each household member with the degree of certainty required, we will not be able to respond to the request. We will notify you to explain the basis of our denial.
Your Right to Request Disclosure of Information We Collect and Share About You
Individuals whose personal information is covered by the CCPA have a right to request that Pacifica provide the following information with respect to personal information Pacifica collected about you in the 12 months prior to our receipt of your request:
· The categories of personal information that Pacifica has collected about you.
· The categories of sources from which Pacifica collected your personal information.
· The categories of personal information about you that Pacifica sold or disclosed for a business purpose.
· The categories of any third parties with which Pacifica sold or disclosed for a business purpose the personal information.
· The specific pieces of personal information Pacifica collected about you.
Our responses to any of these requests will cover the 12-month period preceding our receipt of the request.
Right to Request the Deletion of Personal Information We Have Collected from You
Individuals whose personal information is covered by the CCPA may also request deletion of information covered by the CCPA. Upon receiving and verifying such request, Pacifica will delete the personal information that we have collected about you, unless that information is necessary for Pacifica to:
· Complete the transaction for which we collected the information;
· Provide you with a good or service you requested;
· Perform a contract Pacifica entered into with you;
· Detect security incidents;
· Maintain the functionality or security of Pacifica’s systems;
· Comply with or exercise rights provided by the law; or
· Use the information internally in ways that are comparable with the context in which you provided the information to Pacifica or that are reasonably aligned with expectations based on your relationship with Pacifica, among other things.
We may also retain information where another exception to the deletion requirements in Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.105(d) applies.
Please note that if you or your authorized agent request that we delete your personal information, you may no longer be able to access or use certain parts of the Site.
Right to Ask Us Not to Sell Your Personal Information
You can direct us not to sell your personal information by submitting your request here. Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Our Process for Responding to Requests for Access or Deletion under the CCPA
For requests for access or deletion, we will we will first acknowledge receipt of your request within 10 business days of receipt of your request. We will provide a substantive response to your (or your authorized agent’s) request as soon as practicable and in any event generally not more than within 45 days after receipt of the request. We may extend this period to 90 days and, in the event that we do extend the period, we will explain to you or your authorized agent why we did so.
For requests to stop the sale of your personal information, we will comply no later than 15 business days after receipt of your request.
If you are legally entitled to such rights, you may designate an agent to submit a request on your behalf. The agent can be a natural person or a business entity that is registered with the California Secretary of State. If you would like to designate an agent to act on your behalf, you and the agent will need to comply with our agent verification process. You will be required to verify your identity by providing us with certain personal information, depending on the nature of the information you require, which we will endeavor to match with information we maintain about you. Additionally, we will require that you provide us with written confirmation that you have authorized the agent to act on your behalf, and the scope of that authorization. The agent will also be required to provide us with proof of the agency relationship, which may be a declaration attesting to the agent’s identity and authorization by you to act on their behalf, signed under penalty of perjury. If the agent is a business entity, it will also need to submit evidence that it is registered and in good standing with the California Secretary of State. Information to identify and verify your agent can be submitted through the same mechanism and at the same time that you submit information to verify your identity.
Requests for specific pieces of personal information
To respond to requests for specific pieces of personal information, for verification purposes we may ask you for your name, date of birth, and phone number, and will endeavor to match those to information we maintain about you. Additionally, we require that you provide a declaration attesting to your identity, signed under penalty of perjury.
If we are unable to verify your identity with the degree of certainty required, we will not be able to respond to the request. We will notify you to explain the basis of the denial. In addition, we will treat the request as one seeking disclosure of the categories of personal information we have collected about you and endeavor to verify your identity using the less-stringent standards applicable to such requests.
Requests for categories of personal information
To respond to requests for categories of personal information, we will ask you for at least two pieces of personal information and endeavor to match those pieces to information we maintain about you. If we are unable to verify your identity with the degree of certainty required, we will not be able to respond to the request. In that case, we will notify you to explain the basis of our denial.
Requests for deletion of personal information
To respond to requests for deletion of personal information, we will ask you for at least two pieces of personal information and endeavor to match those pieces to information we maintain about you. If we are unable to verify your identity with the degree of certainty required before providing you with the information requested, we will notify you to explain the basis of our denial.
You may request deletion of your personal data by submitting this form.
Requests to opt out of the sale of personal information
If we have a good-faith, reasonable belief that a request to opt-out of the sale of personal information is fraudulent, we may deny the request. Should this occur, we will inform you and explain why we believe the request is fraudulent.
If you wish to opt out of your data being shared with 3rd parties, please submit this form.
You may designate an agent to submit requests on your behalf. The agent must be a natural person or a business entity that is registered with the California Secretary of State.
If you would like to designate an agent to act on your behalf, you and the agent will need to comply with our verification process:
· Requests to Know or Delete Personal Information: If the agent submits requests to access, know or delete your personal information, the agent will need to provide us with your signed permission indicating the agent has been authorized to submit the opt-out request on your behalf. We will also require that you verify your identity directly with us or confirm with us that you provided the agent with permission to submit the request.
· Requests to Opt Out of Sale: If the agent submits a request to opt out of the sale of your personal information, the agent will need to provide us with your signed permission indicating the agent has been authorized to submit the opt-out request on your behalf.
Please note that this subsection does not apply when an agent is authorized to act on your behalf pursuant to a valid power of attorney. Any such requests will be processed in accordance with California law pertaining to powers of attorney.
You have a right not to be discriminated against for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
Shine the Light Law
California’s “Shine The Light” law permits California customers to annually request and obtain information free of charge about what personal information is disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. Please contact us at [844-332-8440] or [firstname.lastname@example.org] to make such a request.
We maintain reasonable security measures designed to maintain the confidentiality of personal information. However, no security measures are infallible, and we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will always work. Please always use caution when transmitting personal information to us, including over the internet, use strong and unique passwords that you do not also use on other online services, and notify us immediately of any concerns regarding your account or passwords.
INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
The Site is not directed to minors under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect the personal information of minors. . If we learn that we have erroneously collected personal information of a minor under the age of 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
DO NOT TRACK
“Do Not Track” signals are options on your browser that inform website operators that you do not wish to have your online activity tracked. There is currently no industry standard regarding appropriate actions, if any, that websites should take when they receive “Do Not Track” signals. As there is no industry standard, please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any further questions, please contact us at: Pacifica Beauty LLC, 1090 Eugenia Pl. Ste: 200, Carpinteria, CA 93013 or email@example.com.